Balushahi-Special Indian Sweet
Balushahi is a traditional dessert in Indian, Pakistani, Nepali and Bangladeshi cuisine. It is a famous sweet of Harnaut of South Bihar. It is similar to a glazed doughnut in terms of ingredients, but differs in texture and taste. In South India, a similar pastry is known as badushah.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 12-15 Pcs
- 6 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cup water
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2/3 cup ghee
- 8 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 cup ghee
- Take a large bowl and mix together all purpose flour, baking soda and 2/3 cup ghee to make a stiff dough.
- When the dough has been prepared, roll out small balls from this dough.
- Put a kadahi on medium flame and heat the remaining ghee in it. When the ghee is hot, slowly put one ball after another, and fry them till they turn brown. Strain the ghee well and keep these fried balls aside.
- On another burner, put a deep-bottomed vessel and prepare a sugar syrup of two thread consistency.
- When the sugar syrup is ready, dip the freshly fried balls in it.
- Garnish with pistachio and cool down. Serve at once.