Simple Sweet Corn Soup Recipes
Delicious and yummy sweet corn soup, easy healthy soup recipes ready at home in just 20 minutes, Find more easy soup recipes at Loudpages
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 3-4
Sweet Corn Soup Ingredients
2-3 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 large white onion, chopped (~1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small red potatoes (or 1 small russet), quartered (peeling, optional)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 ears corn (or 1.5 cans), kernels sliced off
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth*
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk* (or regular milk if not vegan)
- 2-3 green onions (garnish), chopped
1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor
- To a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potato, season with a little salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Add most of the corn, reserving a little for garnish, and stir.
- NOTE: If you plan to blend the soup, I recommend adding half broth, half milk for a more creamy texture. But if you intend to leave it unblended, forgo the milk and do all broth for best texture/flavor.
- Add broth and almond milk (if using), cover, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook until the potatoes are soft and slide off of a knife when pierced – about 5 minutes.
- If blending, add 3/4 of the soup to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If using nutritional yeast, add now.
- Transfer soup back to the saucepan and bring back to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Cook for at least 10 minutes to let thicken. The longer it simmers, the more flavorful it will be.
- To serve, top with chopped green onion, remaining fresh (or lightly sauteed) corn, and black pepper. Add a sprinkle of paprika for color.