Simple Sweet Corn Soup Recipes
Delicious and yummy sweet corn soup, easy healthy soup recipes ready at home in just 20 minutes, Find more easy soup recipes at http://loudpages.com/food/
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 3-4
Sweet Corn Soup Ingredients
2-3 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 large white onion, chopped (~1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small red potatoes (or 1 small russet), quartered (peeling, optional)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 ears corn (or 1.5 cans), kernels sliced off
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth*
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk* (or regular milk if not vegan)
- 2-3 green onions (garnish), chopped
1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor
- To a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potato, season with a little salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Add most of the corn, reserving a little for garnish, and stir.
- NOTE: If you plan to blend the soup, I recommend adding half broth, half milk for a more creamy texture. But if you intend to leave it unblended, forgo the milk and do all broth for best texture/flavor.
- Add broth and almond milk (if using), cover, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook until the potatoes are soft and slide off of a knife when pierced – about 5 minutes.
- If blending, add 3/4 of the soup to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If using nutritional yeast, add now.
- Transfer soup back to the saucepan and bring back to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Cook for at least 10 minutes to let thicken. The longer it simmers, the more flavorful it will be.
- To serve, top with chopped green onion, remaining fresh (or lightly sauteed) corn, and black pepper. Add a sprinkle of paprika for color.