Temporary recruitment is not a new concept. It has been around for years. And it is as much popular today as it was earlier. There are many benefits to adopting this recruitment policy. Some are pretty obvious; others are not. We discuss all of those benefits here. Just have a look-
- The first thing to keep in mind is that you don’t need permanent employees for all of the work that is undertaken at your company. A lot of work can be assigned to temporary employees. This lightens the load of work on the permanent employees. And they can perform their roles more responsibly. They also feel great that their owner did that bit for them. Their morale will be boosted, and they will probably show more loyalty to you as employees.
- There is absolutely no fixed time when you can recruit temporary employees. You can hire them whenever such a need arises. And that is why you get a lot of recruitment flexibility. Some businesses have to handle a lot of work during festivals. It is these times that make them feel the need for extra employees. Since recruiting permanent employees is a hassle and this needs a lot of planning, companies go for temporary hiring.
- The amenities and remunerations you have to offer to permanent employees are too high. Hence, if you are a start-up with a low budget for employee remunerations, you can try hiring temporary employees. You don’t have to pay a lot of money to them. Additionally, the added facilities that permanent employees are entitled to are also not provided to temporary employees. Hence, if you are a small company or a company which doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on employees, then temporary recruitment is something you should definitely try.
- The aspect of skill can also be highlighted here. Your permanent employees may be encouraged to learn new skills, but it’s not mandatory for them to do so. Yes, you could provide them training from time to time, but that is an added cost you might like to avoid. When you hire temporary employees, you always do so by looking at their skills. You can hire people equipped with the skills you require. Hence, you get what you want. So, if you are thinking of training your existing employees in some field, then think twice. If recruiting a couple of temporary employees could serve this purpose for you besides doing a lot more, then prefer this option over the option of training.
HANDLING WORSE SITUATIONS
- When your business dips, you might not like to keep a lot of employees with you. In such a scenario, removing permanent employees from their positions becomes a challenge. Temporary employees, on the other hand, can be asked to leave as soon as you cease to feel their need in the company.
If you don’t have time to make temporary recruitments, then you can also hire an agency that will do this job for you. And don’t worry; there is no shortage of temp recruitment agencies Melbourne.