Back Pain Treatment
Back pain is one of the most common types of pain that motivates people to consider physical therapy. In fact, lower back pain is so common that one out of four Americans reports having had at least some of it at some point in the last three months. Most of the time, it’s mild and goes away on its own, but when it’s chronic, it’s best to consult a professional.
The most common cause behind the occurrence of upper back pain is usually improper posture or an unexpected injury. Many times, this pain may also be caused due to carelessness in lifting weights. Those people who are involved in sedentary lifestyles or spend a lot of time working on the computer without proper back support. It can also be a result of sports injuries, strains or car accidents.
Tips for Upper Back Pain Relief
Some of the best tips include the following:
- Perform as several low impact workouts at the house as you can. The important thing is to perform those exercises that are aimed at our neck, shoulders and spine.
- Aerobic exercises are also good for getting physical pain relief. You can go to tai chi and yoga to alleviate this condition.
- Many medications are also great for decreasing inflammation resulting from dysfunction. Once is inflammation is reduced, the back muscles regain their strength and the pain will disappear.
- Physical therapy can also be quite helpful. This therapy would ideally include massage, acupressure, acupuncture, and some other physical treatments
- If you have the habit of slouching or sleeping on a soft and uneven surface, you must start paying close attention to your posture. Avoid straining your back muscles in any way and maintain a good posture, with your chest out, stomach in, and hips tucked under.