Plastic surgery is used to restore or correct both form and function for various parts of the body. The most common misunderstanding about plastic surgery among people due to the word plastic is that this is a process in which surgeons make body artificial.
Plastic surgery does not mean that the patients who opt for this are going to fill their face or any body part with fake stuff. Plastic surgery is a special type of surgery in which a surgeon can change a person’s appearance and ability to function. There are many medical institutes providing Plastic Surgery in Lucknow by extremely professional and experienced surgeons.
Plastic surgery may also involve hand surgery, microsurgery, burn treatments, craniofacial surgery, and reconstructive surgery.
What are the types of plastic surgery?
There are two types of plastic surgery:
1. Reconstructive plastic surgery:
This plastic surgery can treats parts of the body affected aesthetically or functionally by tumors, infection, disease, congenital defects, or trauma.
2. Cosmetic plastic surgery enhances or reshapes body parts.
Reconstructive plastic surgery in Lucknow may be covered under insurance, but cosmetic plastic surgery is elective and usually not covered.
Here is a list of body parts that may restore or correct by using plastic surgery.
Head, face, and eyes
• Brow/forehead lift
• Eyebrow Lift Surgery
• Ear pinning
• Ear reshaping
• Hair replacement surgery
• Nasal surgery
• Nose reshaping
• Chin, cheek, or jaw reshaping / facial implants
• Lip augmentation
• Cleft lip and cleft palate
• Craniosynostosis (craniofacial anomaly)
Mouth and teeth
• Oral and maxillofacial surgery
• Breast augmentation
• Breast reconstruction
• Breast reduction in men with gynecomastia
• Breast lift
• Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Hand and upper limb
• Chase Hand & Upper Limb Center
• Chemical peel
• Collagen/fat injectable fillers
• Botox/filler injections
• Glycolic peels
• Laser peels
• Vein removal
• Scar revision
• Tattoo removal
How many branches of plastic surgery?
Here is a list of branches of plastic surgery.
It requires a microscope to perform surgical treatment in small nerves and blood vessels.
• Hand surgery
It is another branch of plastic surgery in Lucknow that involves the reconstruction of limbs and soft tissues presented in the hand.
• Craniofacial surgery
It is a subspecialty in the field that usually involves procedures performed on the skull, head, face, jaws, neck and other associated or related structures.
This type of plastic surgery is typically recommended after severe trauma and injuries. It may also perform after the treatment of certain kinds of cancer.
• Burn treatments
This treatment is a practice that aims to provide the restoration of the function and appearance of body parts affected or damaged by serious burns.
• Cosmetic surgery
Cosmetic surgery improves the appearance of a patient or removes the visible signs of aging.
What are the things that we must know about Plastic Surgery?
• You should talk with the surgeon about the risks, benefits, and expectations of the procedure.
• Discuss the type of anesthesia that will be administered and about the expected recovery time.
• Inform your surgeon about any medications that you are currently taking, as well as any history of chronic illnesses, prior procedures, or allergies you may have.
• You should stop eating and drinking for the recommended period after or before surgery.
• You should follow any specific preoperative shaving, bathing, or cleaning instructions.
• You should discuss any post-operative instructions that need to be followed.
• Do not wear makeup on the day of surgery, including nail polish.
• Do not wear eye contact on the day of surgery.
• Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
• If you are wearing any prosthetic devices then you should tell to medical staff.