Hair Transplant Surgery

Hair Transplant Surgery

Other

Hair Transplant

Many facts and myths related to Hair Transplantation are raising among people. Here we are going to discuss some facts and myths related to Hair Transplant Surgery , to make you aware of true and false understanding.

Facts about Hair

•The human scalp contains an average of one hundred to hundred and twenty Follicular units per square cm hair at all.
•The formation of hair follicles in the human body increases by the time and it depends upon the physiology, characteristics and anatomic of an individual.
•Mostly, hairs are made up of keratin, that is present in the outer layer of skin and nails.
•Hairs are made up with 50% of carbon, 21% of oxygen, 17% of nitrogen, 6 % of hydrogen and 5% of Sulphur.
•The average growth of hairs is 0.3 – 0.5 mm per day, 1.25 centimetres or 0.5 inches per month, and 15 centimetres or 6 inches per year.
•Do not worry, you are not going to become bald because the average amount of hair sheds by a normal human being every day is about 50-100 strands.
•An edge of hair is probably stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter.
•Hair is considered the fastest growing tissue in the human body.
•90% hairs in the human body are in the growing phase and the other 10% are in the resting phase.
•Trimming your hair wouldn’t affect hair growth.
•Hairs can stretch up to 30% of original length when it is wet.
•It has been found that Asians possess better hair elasticity and the hair of an Asian person grows faster than others in the world.
•The angle of the hair stream creates cowlicks, whorls.
•Each hair stores information about everything that has mixed in your bloodstream so far.
•As soon as you pluck a hair from the follicle, a new one starts to grow in its place.
•A normal hair has around five years of lifespan.

Myths about Hair loss

•Shampooing hair leads to shedding of hair
•Baldness is inherited from only the maternal side
•Clipping and Shaving raise the hair growth.
•If you Pluck one grey hair, you will find the growth of two grey hairs in result
•Brushing hair regularly will make them healthier
•Hair may lose their strength if the colouring is applied
•To change the brand of shampoos is beneficial for hair
•It is good to wash your hair alternatively
•Men are prone to inheriting baldness only from their mother’s side.
•Wearing a hat may lead to hair loss.
•Drying your hair with a towel is beneficial for your hair.

Myths about Hair Transplant

•Myth 1-Hair Surgery  does not last long.
• Transplanted hair stays forever in life if it is transferred from the safe donor.
•Myth 2- The process of Hair Transplant Surgery  is painful.
•These days it is a 100% painless procedure if it is done by an experienced surgeon.

•Myth 3- The nerves of the brain by hair transplant.
•Hair Surgery  is performed on the top layer of the scalp far from the brain.

•Myth 4- Some hair transplants are not done by surgical procedure.
•It is a 100% surgical procedure performed with anaesthesia

•Myth 5- New hairs will grow on the site of the donor.
•New hair will not grow at the point of extraction

•Myth 6- After Hair Transplant , one needs to take medicines throughout the life.
•No medication or maintenance is required for the transplanted hair, as these are not prone to the activities of DHT hormones which triggers hair fall

•Myth 7- Hair Transplant will immediately cover baldness.
•Hair Transplant can take up to a year to fully grow in, so immediate results of hair transplant procedure are not possible

Do You Know Eyebrow Lift Surgery is also in trend ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.