Do you wish to travel and explorethis beautiful country from Asia- India? If so, you need to make sure that you take note of all the recent changes that are made by the Indian Government. Becausecertain rules regarding the electronic visas keep on changing with time. In this guide, we look forward to explaining to you all the things as to what do you require to get the E India visa and enjoy your amazing journey to one of the beautiful countries of the subcontinent.
All the visitors require a visa when traveling to India, except the citizens of the two neighboring countries that are Bhutan and Nepal. In recent times, the Indian government went on to introduce the one-month, a-year, and a five-year electronic visa for the citizens of nearly all countries. The e-visa is available for tourism, medical, business, and for the conference purposes.
Nowadays, the e-Visa will very much be adequate for most of the visitors, thereby eradicating the requirement to obtain a regular visa before arriving in India. But, residents of the United States may get their hands on a regular Tourist visa that is valid for around 10 years. Some individuals may also need a kind of visa that is not offered as an e-Visa.
The Agreements With A Few Of The Countries
Few of the countries, likeMongolia and Japan have individual agreements alongside India that permit their citizens to pay notably less for the visa. Citizens of countries like Argentina, Fiji, Indonesia, Cook Islands, Jamaica, Kiribati, Mauritius, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Nauru, Palau, Niue Island, Papua New Guinea, Seychelles, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, South Africa, Vanuatu,and Uruguay, do not need to pay the fee of a visa.
Procedure- Indian Visa
If you are someone who is not applying for the electronic Visa, it is now very much in reach for one and all to apply fora regular visa online. The government of India has introduced the centralized online application procedure whereby you mayfinish and then submit the form online, and manually you may submit the passport and the supporting documents physically tothe relevant Indian Mission (Indian embassy or consulate) in your respective country.
Alternatively, you may still go through the visa processing center in case you fail to appear at the Indian consulate or an embassy in person. You will require to complete the application form online by visiting the website of the agency, and then email your application form and the other required documents.
The Simple Process For Visa Application
· Identify your visa type
- Fill the online application form
- After filling, submit your application form
- The processing of the visa
- Visa granted or either rejected
Apply For An Indian Visa
You need to apply for the visa to India online minimum of 4 days before your arrival date to India, however, now the India eVisa comes with the “window of arrival” – 120 days.
What does it actually mean for a traveler?
Well, to cut things short let’s try and understand this as this simply means that when you apply for the India Visa on September 01 then the arrival date in India must fall somewhere between September 05 to 2nd of January i.e., 120 days (4 months). This is good as you may now apply for the India visa far before your actual date of arrival to India. So when you make any changes regarding that arrival date you’ll have the flexibility to change it without needing to re-apply for the new Indian Visa.
How long is the visa valid for?
The tourist visa of India is valid for about a 1-year post issued and comes alongside Multiple Entry, the same rules also apply for a business visa.
The medical Visa works a little different that you also can’t stay for periods exceeding than 60 days in the Total in India, however, you will possess Triple Entry.
With that being said, let’s try and understand the Visa and its types in brief. This will help us all know about the kinds of visas that are available and what are they for. Plus, we also try and learn about its validity period as well which will provide us all with a better and clear idea.
- Employment Visa– This is basically for those individuals who are highly skilled and are intending to take up employment. It is usually valid for 5 years or as per the contract(extendable in India).
- Business Visa– This is generally for those who are visiting India for business. It is valid for 5 years and is also extendable in India.
- Project Visa– This is meant for executing a project in the Steel and Power sectors. It is valid for about 1 year or for the actual time duration of the respective contract/project.
- Entry (X) Visa– This visa is meant for accompanying the families of a foreign national. It is valid for 5 years. (again, extendable in India)
- Tourist Visa– This is solely meant for visitingIndia for tourism. It has a validity of not more than 30 days.
- Intern (I) Visa– This allows the internee to go about his internship across borders. It has a validity of about 1 year or the actual duration of an internship.
- Student Visa– These are for the students who look forward to studying in India in a reputed college and university. Its validity lasts for 5 years or the duration of the course.
- Conference– This covers International seminars/ PSUs/NGOs/ seminars held by Govt. It has a validity of about three months.
- Journalist– This visa is for all the journalists who are out there to report and has a media accreditation card. The period of the visa is about 3 months.
- Research– Research related individuals go for research visas. It has a validity of around a year.
- Medical– Anyone who seeks medical attention and is looking forward to getting the treatment in India may avail services of this visa. It is usually valid for 1 year or the duration of the treatment.
- Transit– It is for travelers who are passing through India. It has a validity of about 15 days and no more.
How can you apply online for a visa to India?
You just need to apply by visiting the site of online iVisa. It is an easy procedure and you may complete it quite fast. It would not take over 5 to 10 minutes.
The application has just three steps which are as follows-
- The very first stepwill go on to ask you to fill in the general information. You’d also need to opt for the processing time right there from the given options.
- The II stepwill simply ask you to give a check on step one.
- The last stepincludes the payment relating to stuff.
Once you aredone, you may submit the form and then wait for the visa to arrive. If at any point, you require assistance to fill the application form, iVisais loaded with a fabulous support service that functions 24×7 and you may make a call at any given time.
What do you need to apply for e-visa?
A few of the things that you would require to apply for your visa are as follows-
- A valid passport.
- A passport size digital photo.
- Ascannedpassportof the page loaded with all the information (the page that has your photo and information).
- Answer the set of personal questions(this includes basic questions such as your parents’ names, your address, etc).
- Debit/Credit card or your PayPal account.
- A copy of a business card copy along with the Invitation Letter for a Business eVisa.
- A letter from a Hospital situated in India. In case you happen to opt for the Medical eVisa.
Extending The Visa
In several cases, it is very much possible that you go on to extend your visa, however, this must be carried out before your visa expires. Short-term visas, such as the Indian e-Visa that nearly all tourists hold, aren’t eligible for the extension. And those who are with the visas that are valid for a longer period say, 180 days may go on to extend their visas, given they register for the extension procedure at least 60 days before the expiry date of the visa.
That’s all about the visa, its types, the procedure to apply for the Indian Visa, its validity, and how you may extend the validity of the visa. Hopefully, this guide will provide all the information related to the issues you encounter while applying for the Indian visa, and may you apply from here on without any kind of hassle in the coming near future.
However, if there is still any doubt you may look for more information on the support page of the site you’ll visit while applying for the visa.